This map set follows the Henry's Fork of the Snake River in Idaho along 58.1 miles from Big Springs to Ashton Reservoir.
This map set is loaded with diversity:
- There is the 4.5 mile float from Big Springs Boat Launch down to Flat Rock that is very gentle and perfect for families and first-timers. This section can be shallow at times, and can only be floated by kayaks and inflatable rafts, as there is no ramp at the Big Springs boat launch. Keep an eye out for moose.
- Below Island Park, there's the Box Canyon section that has lots of large rainbows.
- The famous Harriman Ranch section has very large trout that have seen it all. Trumpeter swans and other waterfowl frequent this region.
- The section below Harriman Ranch includes serveral large and dangerous waterfalls, including Upper Mesa Falls (114 feet) and Lower Mesa Falls (65 feet), as well as Upper and Lower Sheep Creek Falls. While you definitely wouldn't want to get caught floating over the falls, they are very beautiful and can be enjoyed from the visitor center off highway 47.
15 river maps and 1 area map
Henry's Fork of the Snake - Big Springs to Ashton Reservoir
Items are shipped via USPS First Class Parcel, with tracking information.
Shipping is Free!
- Laminated and waterproof maps that follow the river channel.
- Individual maps are secured with a stainless steel split ring, and includes a snap hook that allows clipping to a cable retractor on waders or boat.
- Cable retractor is not included, but is available for purchase on our website - click here for more info.
- River features such as rapids, boat ramps, access points, and campgrounds are clearly shown.
- Each map set contains an area map showing the general location of fly shops, shuttles, lodging, fuel and places to eat.
- Approximate size: printed map: 3-3/8 inches by 10-1/4 inches; laminated page: 3-3/4 inches by 10-1/2 inches.